Add, Edit or Delete Organisational Skills
Changing skills in Brijj is simple. Skills are important in Brijj, allowing you to know what skills your team members have and what skills are utilised when doing work allows you to distribute work more accurately, and to build the right capability for the future. There are 5 types of skill you can add in Brijj detailed below with descriptions of what they mean.
|Domain||General or specific knowledge about an organisational activity, department or area. For example, Digital Marketing, HR Law etc.|
|Models||Data, Analytical or Scientific models used to describe, manipulate, classify data etc. For example Decision Trees, Linear Regression etc.|
|Soft||Non-technical attributes which enable someone to interact, communicate and operate more effectively. For example Presenting, Time-management etc.|
|Technical||Attributes and knowledge used to perform specific tasks in a persons area of expertise. For example Analysis, Visualization etc.|
||Specific technical tools, platforms and frameworks used to perform specific tasks in the persons area of expertise. For example, Python, SQL etc.|
Please note, that deleting a skill will delete that skill for every user who has added that skill to themselves so be careful when deleting a skill from your organisation.
How to add, edit or delete a skill in Brijj
- Go to the settings menu, available in the top right of your screen under the Avatar / Profile Picture.
- Go to 'Organisation'
- To add a new skill, scroll down to the 'Organizational skills' section and click on 'Add'
- In the resulting popup, enter the name of your new skill, choose which skill type it relates to, and write a description for the skill. If you wish to cancel the addition of a new skill click 'Cancel' otherwise click 'Save'
- If you need to amend or delete a skill, go to the specific skill, click the menu and select either 'Edit' or 'Delete'. Please note, you can not edit any of the 15 default example skills within Brijj, however you may delete them from your organisation.
- We recommend you try to avoid deleting a skill and instead edit if you want to make a change. However, if you wish to delete a skill simply click on 'Delete' and the skill will be deleted along with every record of that skill on user profiles, but not on requests.
- We recommend you try to limit the extent you edit existing skills, however, if you wish to edit a skill, click on 'Edit' and in the subsequent pop-up enter the amended skills details and then click 'Save & update all users with this skill'. Please note changing a skill will make that change reflect across every user who has that skill assigned to their profile. This is especially important to consider when changing the skill significantly because the users who have the original skill may not have the updated skill. If you do not wish to make the amendments, instead click 'Cancel'.