Submit a Request as a Consumer
The first step of any Insight project is the request for an answer, data or Insight from a Consumer. All users of Brijj, including Creators and Admins are also consumers and can use Brijj to make requests as below,
For a text explanation of this video please scroll below:
How to make a request in Brijj
- Go to the Consumer Kanban, available in the top left of your screen.
- Click on 'Make Request
- Provide a short summary of what you are looking for much like the subject line of an email in the 'Subject' field. Cancel a request at any time using the 'X' close button in the top right of the screen.
- Next, provide as much context as possible in the description field. The more you add, the easier your data teams will be able to give you what you need, and the more bridge learns about what is important to your organisation. If you wish, you can attach files or add links to provide extra context. Click Next.
- The question 'What are you going to do with this insight' is very important. By providing as much detail about what you intend to do with the Insight created, you give your data teams the best chance doing successful work. Remember, the purpose of a data project is to take an action or make a decision, so here is our chance to consider and state what we intend to achieve. Next, in the 'What kind of output do you need' field, select what type of output you would like using the drop down. The 'What kind of answer do you need' question is also very important. Consider if you want your data team to evaluate your question without a specific result in mind, or if you would ideally like them to find a specific answer to your question.
- Next, your organisation may require you to answer some specific questions, so enter the requested information remembering to provide as much context as possible.
- Now click next until you are on the deadlines page. You will be able to specify when you need your output to be completed, and also state if the request is a one time piece of work, or you need it regularly.
- You will now be asked if you are the primary user of this insight or if it is actually for someone else. This is important because your data team needs to know if there are more than one person involved in building requirements for the work, or who will be consuming the insights. Any user you add here will be automatically added as a contributor to your request meaning they can view and comment on both requirements and deliverables. Any Lead within your team will be added as contributor once the request is submitted. Please note, only users of Brijj can be added to this list, so if someone is missing, be sure to contact your admins to have these users added for the future.
- Now, select finish.
- Your work will now appear in the pending column. Should you wish, you can go into the request at anytime before work is started to make amendments, but if not, your work will be picked up by a creator in your organisation, and moved to the next step of building requirements