Adding, changing or deleting a department in Brijj
Adding a department in Brijj is simple. Departments are important for classification in Brijj, allowing you to know who, and where your work is being requested, and completed. We recommend you replicate your organisations Departmental structure, and attempt to limit the amount you amend or delete these departments. Changes will reflect across all of your users, but not your past requests.
Departments: High level organisational structures like Finance, Marketing, IT etc. We recommend you replicate your organisations Departmental structure.
Deleting a department results in the assigned users to that department being moved to the next available department in the department list.
How to add a department in Brijj
- Go to the settings menu, available in the top right of your screen under the Avatar / Profile Picture.
- Go to 'Departments & Teams'
- To add a new department, scroll down to the 'Departments & Teams' section and click on 'Create'
- In the resulting popup, enter the name of your new department. If you wish to cancel the addition of a new department click 'Cancel' otherwise click 'Add'
How to amend a department in Brijj
- If you need to amend or delete a department, go to the specific department, click the menu and select 'Edit'. Any changes you make will reflect across all users and requests.
- If you wish to edit a department, click on 'Edit' and in the subsequent pop-up enter the amended department details and then click 'Update'. If you do not wish to make the amendments, instead click 'Cancel'.
How to delete a department in Brijj
- We recommend you try to avoid deleting a department and instead edit if you want to make a change. However if you wish to delete a department simply click on 'Delete'.
- If the department has no teams or members the department will be deleted. However, if the department has members within it, then all members will have to moved to a different department.
- For this reason you may want to create the new departments for your members to be moved into ready for member redistribution.
- Select the new department for all users to be moved to and then select 'Delete'
- If you do not wish to delete, instead click 'Cancel'.